Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Useful ways to use blogs in your classroom

At the beginning of next year, I plan to have a blog up and running.  I plan to use the blog as a way for students to reflect on their learning once a week.  In order for all students to be able to access the opportunity of posting their response I will have to make sure I allow lab time and/or opportunities to use the four classroom computers I have. 
By students reflecting on their own learning in response to the weekly objectives I post, I will be able to gain information about what key points students their understood or therefore did not understand.  This will help me differentiate my instruction and adjust my lessons according to my students' needs. 

1 comment:

  1. I like the reflection idea. We've learned how powerful self-reflection is in teaching, and connecting this with technology is a great idea. This could also spark conversation amongst students, where they could question eachother's thinking and comment on one another's ideas. Having this extra piece, could also serve as a form of assesement.
    The only implication I could see is accessibility of computers. If you are able to make that extra lab time for them in class, that would probably help. Good idea!

    ReplyDelete